linecount: a source code line counter
Home - News - FAQ - Known Bugs - Downloads - License
linecount is a program to count lines in source code.
It counts the following:
- The number of files
- The number of lines in total
- The number of lines of code
- The number of lines of comment1
- The number of blank lines
- Easy configuration of new classes of files
- Great control over which files to count: files and directories can all be specified, and the directories can be read recursive or not.
See the FAQ for information on how to do this
1: Comment is only counted when it is the first thing on a line, not including whitespace. For multi line comment, after the end tag is encountered, the rest of the line is ignored.
- Java 1.4 or higher
- Apache Ant to easily compile linecount. It is not necessary to run it however